Finance for Directors
This 1 day Finance for Directors course provides new directors, senior executives and managers with the basic skills required to interpret and assess three main types of financial statements – Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow (profit and loss) – to identify information required to drive board decisions.
The course explains and assesses company financials through the eyes of the director and outlines the key responsibilities of a director in monitoring the accuracy and integrity of the organisation’s financial accounting systems. It provides a straight-forward introduction to financial statements and a guide to the financial performance of a company from a director’s perspective.
Finance for Directors is comprised of:
- Introduction to Financial Statements for Directors
- Assessing Financial Performance for Directors
Who Should Attend?
New directors, senior executives and managers from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who want to gain basic knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the three types of financial statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement
- Outline the director’s role in evaluating financial statements
- Discuss the financial and non-financial indicators of organisational performance
- Ensure financial statements accurately reflect the organisation’s financial position
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining the accuracy and integrity of your organisation’s accounts
Mode of Study
Interactive facilitated session
Finance for Directors is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
1 full day (7 hours)
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.