Strategy and Risk for Directors
This 1 day Strategy and Risk for Directors course provides new directors, senior executives and managers with the basic skills required to assist with identifying, formulating and monitoring an organisation's strategy; the link between strategy and financial performance; and how to measure strategy and risk against an organisation's objectives.
It also provides an overview of the role and responsibilities of strategy development and risk assessment for directors and the board. Aspects include risk avoidance, risk culture and risk appetite.
Strategy and Risk for Directors is comprised of:
- Introduction to the Strategic Role of the Director
- Risk: Issues for Directors
Who Should Attend?
New directors, senior executives and managers from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who want to gain basic knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of boards and directors.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the link between corporate strategy and financial performance
- Identify the director’s role in formulating and monitoring strategy
- Establish key strategic planning frameworks
- Identify the director’s role in identifying and assessing risk
- Outline what risk is, its impact on directors as individuals and the organisation as a whole
- Discuss risk avoidance, risk culture and the different levels of risk appetite
Mode of Study
Interactive facilitated session
Strategy and Risk for Directors is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
1 full day (7 hours)
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.