The half day Board Committees course is designed to provide detailed insights into the committee’s purpose and function, and how to manage its contribution to ensure outcomes are being achieved for the board. You will investigate the processes behind selecting and inducting new committee members. As well, explore and examine the problems that can occur as a result of poorly constructed and inefficient committees through practical and relevant case studies.
Who should attend?
Directors, officers, executives and those from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who have been appointed or nominated to a committee.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify when to establish a committee and when it should be dissolved
- Establish processes for selecting and inducting new committee members
- Recognise the committee’s role in supporting the board and meeting the organisation’s objectives
- Define the reporting responsibilities of the committee
- Identify relevant tools and information available to committees
- Assess the problems associated with poorly constructed or inefficient committees
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
Board Committees is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
Half day session (3.5 hours)
For Directors by Directors
Board Committees is presented by professional subject specialists and practising directors with experience working across a range of boards. On the day you will have opportunities to discuss specific issues with the facilitator and network with your peers.
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.