Evaluating the Board
The half day Evaluating the Board course uses practical case studies to explore the different approaches and frameworks to consider when evaluating director and board performance. In addition, the course highlights the connection between good governance and board performance.
Faced with intense scrutiny of their performance and increasing stakeholder expectations, more boards are engaging in the process of evaluation. With a variety of possible approaches, it’s important that your board considers the diversity of options, selecting one that achieves the most appropriate and effective outcome.
Who should attend?
Chairmen, directors and senior executives from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who are involved in evaluating the effectiveness of a board or individual directors.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine different approaches to evaluating director and board performance
- Gain perspective on the evaluation process and analyse the particular needs of your own organisation
- Recognise the responsibilities of directors throughout the evaluation process
- Outline context issues which may influence your choice of approach
- Consider how implementation issues may impact the effectiveness of an evaluation process within your organisation
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
Evaluating the Board is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
Half day session (3.5 hours)
For Directors by Directors
Evaluating the Board is presented by professional subject specialists and practising directors with experience working across a range of boards. On the day you will have opportunities to discuss specific issues with the facilitator and network with your peers.
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.