Risk Analysis, Investigation and Oversight
Risk Analysis, Investigation and Oversight explores how effective oversight of risk can be leveraged to improve governance, performance, resilience and competitive advantage within existing business frameworks and activities. This half-day workshop provides a comprehensive overview of risk management at board level, as well as examining the relationship between risk and strategy. You will also focus on the issue of setting risk appetite /tolerance and its impact on culture, and review risk committees in action.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for experienced directors and executives involved in the management and oversight of risk. It is recommended that participants have completed the Company Directors Course or have extensive boardroom experience.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Discuss how to ensure that the board is receiving appropriate reports from its enterprise risk management system.
- Consider processes for setting and reviewing risk appetite/tolerance and the relationship between organisational culture and risk appetite.
- Investigate the function of the board’s risk committee.
- Analyse the impact of organisational culture on risk.
- Examine the interrelationship between risk and strategy and between risks and organisational activity.
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
The Risk Analysis, Investigation and Oversight course is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
Half day session (+ 2 hours of pre-reading)
For Directors by Directors
Risk Analysis, Investigation and Oversight is presented by professional subject specialists and practising directors with experience working across a range of boards. On the day you will have opportunities to discuss specific issues with the facilitator and network with your peers.
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.