The Board and the Company Secretary
The half day Board and the Company Secretary course explores the relationship between the board and the company secretary. As a director, you need to consider the many ways in which this pivotal role can best provide support to your board and understand how crucial this relationship is for delivering good governance within your organisation.
Who should attend?
Directors, board members or company secretaries from private, public and not-for-profit organisations who wish to gain a greater insight about the role of the company secretary in facilitating corporate governance for their organisation.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the pivotal role your company secretary plays in supporting your board
- Recognise the responsibilities the company secretary has in supporting your board and CEO
- Define the specific duties and tasks of the company secretary
- Identify the legal responsibilities of the company secretary
- Recognise the critical role your company secretary plays in meeting the corporate governance obligations of your organisation
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
The Board and the Company Secretary Course is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
Half day session (3.5 hours)
For Directors by Directors
The Board and the Company Secretary is presented by professional subject specialists and practising directors with experience working across a range of boards. On the day you will have opportunities to discuss specific issues with the facilitator and network with your peers.
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.