The Not-for-Profit Board
The 1 day Not-for-Profit Board course provides a detailed overview of the specific duties and responsibilities of directors and board members of a not-for-profit organisation. The course also covers governance and performance issues relating to the not-for-profit sector, as well as the legalities surrounding funding and sponsorship arrangements.
The Not-for-Profit Board course is presented in two parts:
- Specific governance issues for directors and board members of not-for-profits.
- Reviewing not-for-profit financial statements and how to assess organisational performance.
Who should attend?
Directors, council or committee members and senior executives of a not-for-profit organisation.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline legalities behind not-for-profit funding and sponsorship arrangements
- Recognise the potential personal liability of a director of a not-for-profit
- Identify different stakeholders of a not-for-profit and how to effectively manage their interests
- Identify the difference in a director’s duties between the not-for-profit and commercial sectors
- Outline the director’s role in evaluating financial statements and reports
- Assess the performance of a not-for-profit and address solvency issues
Completion of the Foundations of Directorship or the Company Directors Course.
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session
The Not-for-Profit Board course is also offered through our In-Boardroom service.
Full day session (7 hours)
For Directors by Directors
The Not-for-Profit Board is presented by professional subject specialists with experience working across a range of boards. On the day you will have opportunities to discuss specific questions with the facilitator and network with your peers.
For more information please contact your State Office.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.