Mastering the Boardroom
Developing mastery in directorship
Mastering the Boardroom is a three-day residential program – held in specially selected locations throughout Australia – giving you the opportunity to escape from daily distractions and immerse yourself in a powerful learning experience.
In a safe and well supported learning environment you will develop your skills in:
- Making judgements in crisis situations
- Presenting to shareholders and stakeholders
- Discussing issues with leading directors
- Sound decision making
- Networking with peers.
With a maximum of 9 people in each of three individually facilitated boards, the board sessions review company strategy and performance, the challenges of the external environment and board performance. Additional topical seminar sessions include presentations to frame the issues for today’s company directors.
Participants can choose from one of three boards:
- public (listed)
Each of the boards has different stakeholder or shareholder interests, impacting on deliberations.
Who should attend?
Past participants of the Company Directors Course, at least 18 months after its completion, with a minimum of three years director experience.
Directors without the Company Directors Course, but with at least five years director experience and a sound knowledge of their role, duties and responsibilities.
How will you benefit?
Upon completion of this program, you will benefit from having your strategic skills sharpened and knowledge refreshed. Further benefits include:
- Recognise how to enhance boardroom process and decision making.
- Discover techniques for improving company and board performance.
- Experiential learning structure to apply knowledge and stretch skills.
- Confidential environment.
- Highly experienced facilitators.
- High profile guest directors.
- Three seperate streams: listed and unlisted public companies, private companies, and government and related entities.
- Small groups to maximise peer interaction and focus (maximum 9 per group).
- Personal feedback.
We run a limited number of these exclusive courses.
The latest dates and locations are available on the right-hand panel of this page, or on the Course calendar.
To hear past participants detail their key reasons for enrolling in the program, their highlights, how the program challenged them and what makes this program a truly unique learning experience, watch Mastering the Boardroom: Hear from past participants
For further information on this course, contact your state office.