Mastering the Boardroom
Learn to master the role of a director
Exclusively designed for experienced and practising directors, this course is one of our most challenging and exhilarating professional development programs.
You'll choose to participate on one of three individually facilitated boards - public company, private company or government business enterprise - where you'll be required to navigate the real-life challenges faced by your simulated board.
Board sessions review company strategy and performance, the challenges of the external environment and board performance. Additional topical seminar sessions include presentations to frame the issues for today’s company directors
In a safe and well supported learning environment you will master your ability to:
- Make judgements in crisis situations
- Present to shareholders and stakeholders
- Discuss issues with leading directors
- Make sound decisions
- Network with peers
Who should attend?
Directors, chairmen and managing directors of public, private, not-for-profit and government organisations.
As this is an advanced course, it is recommended that participants have completed the Company Directors Course and have three years director experience or have at least 5+ years experience as a director.
How will you benefit?
Upon completion of this program, your strategic skills will be sharpened and your knowledge refreshed. You’ll also be able to:
- Examine ways of improving board performance.
- Explore good practices for board and management relationships.
- Apply knowledge to develop insights into effective directorship.
- Identify issues and solutions to possible board problem areas.
- Provide the opportunity to discuss director issues with peers.
- Identify your directorship strengths and areas for development.
How and where is the course run?
This three-day residential program will be held at The Langham, Sydney.
With a limited number of participants, you will have the opportunity to escape from daily distractions and immerse yourself in a powerful learning environment.
How do you enrol in this course?
Send your completed enrolment form to:
Premium Programs Manager
Australian Institute of Company Directors
Level 30, 20 Bond Street
Sydney NSW 2000
t: 02 8248 6690
f: 02 8248 6633
For more information on this course, please contact your state office.