Governance Analysis Tool
What is it?
The Governance Analysis ToolTM is a 'guided' self-assessment tool for boards, designed to facilitate collective self-reflection by a board of its governance against good-practice guidance. The Tool is a useful, efficient and effective method of focusing the board's attention on the governance system as a whole and identifying the areas the board believes are its strengths and where there are opportunities for improvement.
The Tool is based on our proprietary Corporate Governance FrameworkTM - a comprehensive structure canvassing board views across the breadth of corporate governance, categorised into four distinct areas or quadrants - the individual director, the board, the organisation and its stakeholders.
How does the Tool work?
Statements are provided to each board member via a confidential online survey asking members to assess, in their view, the effectiveness of their organisation's governance against these statements of good practice. Individual results are collated, analysed and provided back to the board in report form. Boards are then offered the option of undertaking a facilitated discussion session to explore the findings in greater detail.
What are the benefits of using our Tool?
- Relevance - it has three specifically designed modules tailored to the differing needs and requirements of boards operating as ASX Listed, Not-For-Profit, Public Sector and Commercial Unlisted (Proprietary) entities. Our facilitators are chosen for their sector experience as well as subject matter expertise.
- Time commitment - the Tool is available in three different levels of granularity, allowing options even for "time-poor" directors to apply and gain the benefits of the Tool.
- Consensus - creates collective clarity regarding governance strengths and where opportunities for improvement may lie obtaining a common view of what to focus on for better organisational performance.
- Assurance - provides stakeholders with a level of assurance that the board is serious about its commitment to regular reflection and review against a robust and credible framework.
- Benchmarking - over time the Tool can be used as a means to benchmark year-on-year and against other organisations.
For more information about the Governance Analysis ToolTM (GAT), please contact: