Our organisation respects and values the competitive advantage of diversity, and the benefit of its integration throughout the organisation, in order to enrich our perspective, improve performance, increase member value, and enhance the probability of achievement of our goals and objectives.
Our guiding principles with respect to diversity are:
- To treat all employees, prospective employees, contractors, consultants, members and suppliers, fairly and equally regardless of their gender, age, sexuality, culture/ethnicity, language and religious beliefs, and regardless of any disability or flexible workplace practices.
- To value diversity by maintaining a safe work environment and taking action against inappropriate workplace behaviour including discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
- To promote an organisational culture that values diversity and tolerates differences by developing and offering work arrangements that help to meet the needs of a diverse work force.
- To promote the recruitment of employees and directors impartially from a diverse field of suitably qualified candidates.
- To provide learning and development strategies and opportunities to develop the knowledge skills and experience of all employees.
We will realise our guiding principles by:
- Being aware of diverse strategies and organisational and market opportunities and utilising a range of tactics to achieve our goals and objectives;
- Adding to, nurturing and developing the skills and experience of employees;
Developing our culture, management systems, processes and procedures to be aligned with our guiding principles and promote the attainment of diversity.
We will develop, implement and measure ongoing strategies, initiatives and programs to promote diversity across the organisation.
Monitoring and reporting
The Human Resources department will monitor, review and report (at least annually) to the CEO and the Executive on the organisation’s progress with respect to this policy including its progress against all measurable objectives introduced. The CEO will, in turn, report annually to the board on the organisation’s progress.
The board will assess annually both the measurable objectives and the progress in achieving them.
Our annual report will contain details of the measurable objectives set by the board in accordance with this policy and our progress towards achieving them. In addition, we will disclose in our annual report details of the proportion of women employees in our organisation, women in senior executive positions and women on our board.
The board will establish measurable objectives for achieving diversity in our organisation.
Accountability and responsibility for this policy
The CEO has overall accountability for the implementation of this policy.
The Human Resources department has responsibility for the administration, monitoring and ongoing review of this policy.
Management, employees, contractors and consultants have responsibility for understanding and adhering to the terms of this policy.
We will meet all obligations with respect to the issue of diversity in line with any applicable regulatory and reporting requirements.