Directing Social Media
Social media can be intimidating and fraught with danger for a director and their company. With any risk there can be unlimited opportunity.
We operate in a 'real-time' environment where speed is a given priority. Customers, employees and organisations have an equal voice in the world of social media -- a world, where anyone can participate, radically amplifying the scrutiny of a company, their board, and the way in which information is communicated.
In the video's below the panel discuss the following issues for directors:
- Perspectives on social media
- What are the risks associated with social media and what should directors be aware of?
- What policies should an organisation have to mitigate social media risk?
- What are the social media opportunities?
- Social media strategy
- What levels of understanding and use to board members require?
- Monitoring and reporting for the board?
- Next big thing?
Iggy Pintado MAICD, General Manager, Member and Member Services, Australian Institute of Company Directors, CEO & Director, ConnectGen (Author, Connection Generation)
Tim O'Callaghan GAICD, Partner -- Intellectual Property, Piper Alderman
Jason Dunstone, Managing Director, Square Holes Pty Ltd
Cam Pearce MAICD, National Marketing Manager SA/NT, Coopers Brewery Ltd